Saturday, April 25, 2015

We're Going Camping!

Growing up, my family never had a lot of money to take lavish and exotic vacations, but that never stopped us from exploring the world as a family. Camping was our way to see the great U.S. of A. on a budget. Now that I have my own family, I've begun sharing the joys of camping with them. I introduced my son to tent camping several years ago when he joined the Cub Scouts.

Aaron and I backpacking in the South Cumberland
(Savage Gulch) Recreation area.
Just this past year, we purchased a pull-behind travel trailer so that we can take the rest of the family (dog included).
Camping at Rapid City KOA, Rapid City, SD

I also recently reawakened a dormant passion of mine from times past: photography. I love attempting to capture the beautiful sights of God's creation - not just to record my own memories, but to share those beautiful sights with anyone who is interested.

Here, on this site, I will attempt to catalog my journeys through word and image. The places I share may not always be camping related - but I expect most of what you will find here are my camping adventures, whether glamming it up in our RV, or roughing it on a back-packing trip through the back woods of Tennessee.

Come along for the ride. We're going camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment